Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of frequently asked questions about the SOS Smart Guides website.
- What is SOS Smart Guides?
SOS Smart Guides is a multimedia portal designed to accompany the Smart Guides series published by the same publishers of Sound On Sound magazine.
So far, we have published two Smart Guides: DAW Power User and Music Technology: Basics & Beyond. We publish new Guides once every few months, so keep checking the Smart Guides website and SOS homepage for updates!
- Why does the registration form ask for my name/email address twice?
This is a security feature to link the two parts of your registration profile together: the second part of the registration process confirms your email address to ensure you will register successfully.
- Where can I get an access code (to register)?
Access codes are printed on the last page of copies of our Smart Guides. The access code is different for each Guide, and so is the registration form, so you'll need to make sure you are signing up for the right Guide along with the correct access code.
- I haven't got a copy of one of your Smart Guides. Can I still register?
No. The bonus content is only available to customers who have bought a Smart Guide, as you will need to use the access code printed inside to register an account.
- Where do I buy copies of your Smart Guides?
Each of the Smart Guides will be available in print form at bookshops for a limited time after publication, typically 3 months. You can also purchase a print copy of the Smart Guides through the SOS online shop.
- You've sold out of a Smart Guide, but I want a copy! What can I do?
- Can I read the Smart Guides as Digital Editions?
- I've got a great idea for a Smart Guide you could do. How can I tell you?
- What do I do if my question is not answered here?
If you have any questions which are not answered here, please use the contact form to send us an email. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.